Don’t miss this exciting and spectacular event,
We are well on target to having 300 riders taking part in next Sunday’s Weymouth Beach Motocross. This year looks like being one of the best with a fantastic line up which includes:
- This year’s Dakar Rally winner (Ex Purbeck member) Sam Sunderland, first British rider to ever win this event.
- Previous triple winner of this event, 24-year-old Jake Shipton, a local lad who lives at Wareham, will be looking for a fourth win. Jake is a professional and is currently ranked in the top 5 in the MX National and British championships.
- The British Women’s Champion Bethany Farmer who also is a Purbeck member.
- Dan Thornhill who has ridden in a round of the World Motocross Grand Prix.
- 16-year-old Charlotte Hall from Weymouth who is currently ranked 5th in the British Women’s Championships and has ridden for the International team.
- Plus 10 riders who have qualified for the AMCA Championships.
A quality line-up which promises to be a spectacular event to witness with more than 300 riders set to test their mettle in the race hosted by the Weymouth and Portland Lions Club and the Purbeck Motocross Club. Practice starts at 12.00 first race will be at 1.00 pm. In addition to the racing there will lots of stalls along the Esplanade, a Fun Fair by the Jubilee Clock and a display of Classic Cars.
This is the largest event of its kind along the South Coast and it is FREE to watch, all the Lions ask for is you to purchase a programme at £2 or make a donation to their Charity Fund
Traders – Please scroll down for a stall booking form.
Banner advertising £100- Maximum size 3 metres